Get Connected with a Discipleship Group
Dear People of God,
The isolation in this time is tremendous. As your pastor and priest, I want to stress to you that it is vital for you to get yourselves into small groups that meet on Zoom. I want you to pray together and share your lives together. Here is a recipe for a discipleship group...
1. Find two or three other people--a group size of three to five people is perfect for Zoom.
2. Arrange a time to meet once at first.
3. Read through the discipleship group vows (Find them here).
4. Share how you believe God is acting in your life this week and what you need to pray for, remembering that all is strictly confidential.
5. Pray together by having someone read from the prayer book or one or all of you can pray extemporaneously.
6. At the end of one hour, ask yourselves if you want to meet once a week until the pandemic is over.
7. Email Owene Courtney ([email protected]), and let her know your names so we have record of another discipleship group.
Please consider forming this kind of prayer support and community. If you need help with Zoom, please call the church and ask to speak to Devanne Jones, or send her an email at [email protected].
I want you to experience the support and depth of church community. Please try this! I promise that you will be strengthened for the days ahead.